Call for Nominations
ACM SIGEVO Outstanding Contribution Award
Nominations are now open for the 2022-2023 SIGEVO Outstanding Contribution Award. See the award's page for more information.
On this page
EligibilityIndividuals must be nominated and have been members of SIGEVO for at least 5 years. Self-nomination is not possible. A nominee to the award who has not been selected in the first year of their nomination is automatically eligible for selection for the two years following the first nomination.
This Year’s Submission DeadlineFebruary 1 2023
Decision DeadlineThe SIGEVO Outstanding Contribution Award Committee will make a recommendation to the Chair of SIGEVO by May 1 of 2023. Upon approval of the recommendation by the executive board of ACM SIGEVO, the chair will inform the individuals selected. An announcement and recognition will occur at GECCO 2023 in Lisbon, Portugal.
Submission ProcedureAll nomination materials must be submitted electronically to Una-May O’Reilly, the chair of the SIGEVO Outstanding Contribution Award selection committee, by the submission deadline, in English. PDF format is preferred for all materials. Late submissions will not be considered. Email unamay at csail.mit.edu, with subject: SIGEVO Outstanding Contribution Award
Nomination for the award must include:The burden of offering evidence of merit falls to the nominator. Each nomination should include:
- the nominee's complete Curriculum Vitae (CV) or résumé;
- a clear, comprehensive description of the nominee's distinguished contributions to the profession of up to 500 words, with complete supporting documentation; and
- the identification (name, position, surface and e-mail address) of two endorsers who, if requested, will provide evidence of the significance and magnitude of the nominee's contributions. Endorsers must be members of ACM SIGEVO.
- ACM Member number of the nominee.
- A suggested citation: This should be a concise statement (maximum of 50 words) describing the key contributions of the nominee.
Outstanding Contribution Award Selection CommitteeThe 2022-2023 committee has five members: Chair: Una-May O’Reilly, Thomas Baeck, Wolfgang Banzhaf, Ken De Jong, Erik Goodman.
Questions regarding the selection process should be emailed to ACM SIGEVO Chair Prof. Franz Rothlauf (firstname.lastname@example.org). Questions regarding the nomination process should be emailed to Committee Chair Una-May O’Reilly (email@example.com).